Identity and Wellbeing refers to the ability to develop and manage a digital identity, and understand how to mitigate the risks of digital participation.
Digital Literacy Framework, 2019
What do you want to do?
Are you looking to:
- Create and maintain a positive online presence while respecting the privacy of others
- Use technology to support your personal wellbeing
- Manage your use of technology throughout the day
- How you are encouraged to develop your identity and wellbeing
- The tools and resources you can use to develop your digital practice, including the activities above
- Case studies to inspire new ideas or provide guidance for developing your practice
Developing Identity and Wellbeing
To develop identity and wellbeing in a digital environment, you are encouraged to:
- Enhance your skills by learning to manage your own digital safety and privacy, including assessing your digital footprint and setting personally-appropriate boundaries and limits around the use of technology, including social media
- Extend your practice by taking steps to project and maintain an appropriate digital identity, and keeping up to date with good practice for managing everyday digital health and wellbeing
- Become empowered by guiding and assisting others in managing their own digital footprint and boundaries
Click on the icon to download the Digital Literacy Framework (PDF file)
Tools and resources to support development
A number of digital resources and face-to-face-training are provided by the university to support the development of Identity and Wellbeing within a digital environment.
These generally revolve around social media use, and can be found under the resources for Social Media.
You can also visit the Training Programmes page to book onto relevant training workshops.