On this page, you can find upcoming PebblePad workshops and events at the University of Leeds, as well as recordings of previous events. OD&PL also run on-demand interactive training sessions which can be found on the University Course Catalogue.
Workshop Series: Pedagogical Power of PebblePad
In this series of workshops, colleagues from across the University will share the innovative and interesting ways they have used PebblePad. You can also join our PebblePad Community on MS Teams to be notified when new dates are added.
Workshop Five: Thursday 22 February 2024, 11-11.30am (Online)
- One way to use PebblePad: to deliver a module with engaging content — Ben will share his experience in utilising PebblePad's user-friendly contents arranged in a website structure to create a learning environment that is transparent and visually attractive, yet accessible and personalised to students for his modules in engineering subjects. Presented by Dr Benjamin Chong, Lecturer, Electronic Engineering, School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering.
- One way to use PebblePad: delivering University-wide content via a URL link — Find out more about how PebblePad has been used to create the SALIP handbook. The handook is intended as a one-stop-shop for all information relating to the role of School Academic Leads for Inclusive Pedagogies (SALIPs). It includes background information and expectations of how this role fits strategically within the wider student education context, alongside appropriate connectivity to others. Presented by Jenny Brady, Inclusive Learning and Teaching Manager, Leeds Institute for Teaching Excellence (LITE).
Previous workshop recordings:
- One way to use PebblePad: as a digital portfolio for student assessment / in an online summer pre-sessional, 18 January 2024. Watch PebblePad Workshop: digital portfolio for student assessment and online summer pre-sessional
- One way to use PebblePad: using a Workbook to support colleagues’ Annual Academic Meeting / as a space for authentic reflection, 22 November 2023. Watch PebblePad Workshop: using Workbooks for meetings and as a space for authentic reflection
- One way to use PebblePad: showcasing team projects and activity to support the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Culture / using workbooks to support apprenticeships, 19 October 2023. Watch PebblePad Workshop: showcasing teams projects and using workbooks to support apprenticeships.
- One way to use PebblePad: supporting students on placement in audiological practice / the use of activity logs to monitor attendance, 21 September 2023. Watch PebblePad Workshop: supporting students on placement and using activity logs to monitor attendance
- One way to use PebblePad: for off-site assessment in the School of Medicine, 16 March 2023 - presentation by Jenn Hallam and Laura Smith from the School of Medicine. Watch PebblePad Workshop: off-site assessment
- One way to use PebblePad: interactive seminar training, 10 March 2022 - presentation by Dr Ruth Payne (School of Language, Culture and Societies). Watch PebblePad workshop: interactive seminar teaching
- One way to use PebblePad: as a teaching placement portfolio, 7 April 2022 - presentation by Helen Latka (School of Education). Watch PebblePad workshop: PebblePad as a teaching placement portfolio
- One way to use PebblePad: constructing a portfolio for CPD, 12 May 2022 - presentations by Dr Alessia Grassi (School of Design) and Dr Camilla Nykjaer (School of Biomedical Sciences). Watch PebblePad workshop: constructing a portfolio for CPD
- One way to use PebblePad: Two ways to use Pebblepad: Creating workbooks for Cardiac Physiology and Mammography Practice for use in the clinical workplace, 9 June 2022, 11-11.30am – presentations by Natasha Watchhorn and Imelda Marshall from the School of Medicine. Watch PebblePad workshop: Creating workbooks for Cardiac Physiology and Mammography Practice for use in the clinical workplace.
- One way to use PebblePad: , 20 October 2022 - presentations by Dr Richard de Blacquiere Clarkson (OD&PL) and Georgia Clarke (Careers). Recording will be made available shortly.
- One way to use PebblePad: Using a workbook to promote student wellbeing, 24 November 2022 - presentations by Judith Simpson (School of Design) and Patricia Quinn (OD&PL). Watch PebblePad workshop: Using a workbook to promote student wellbeing
Recordings of previous webinars:
What is PebblePad and how it is being used at the University of Leeds? - Friday 19 May 2023
Available to all members of staff, this webinar gave colleagues a chance to find out more about PebblePad, the learning journey platform and how it is being used at the University of Leeds to enhance the student learning experience. Presenters included: Paul Duvall (PebblePad Learning Consultant), Patricia Quinn (Digital Practice Adviser from OD&PL), Karen Abel (System Lead for PebblePad, DES).
PebblePad Showcases 2023/24
We will be running a series of Faculty and School based PebblePad showcases throughout the 2023/24 academic year.
The aim of these showcases is to share good practice around how PebblePad is being used across different curriculum areas and disciplines and to inspire you to consider how you can use it in your teaching and learning with your students and colleagues.
More information about upcoming showcases will be provided on this page as well as local advertising in your school or faculty.
Other event recordings:
In addition to the above sessions, you may also be interested to watch recordings of recent University of Leeds events about PebblePad:
- SEC conference – Dr Ruth Payne presented at the SEC conference on 7 January 2022 about the pedagogical power of PebblePad. Watch the recording of the SNAP session. (Ruth is the last of the presenters in the recording and can be accessed at 45.41 minutes into the recording).
- SAAW (Share, Adopt, Adapt Workshop) – Alice Potter, Dr Helen Iball and Dr Joslin McKinney discuss the practical ways in which PebblePad can be used to aid and improve pedagogical practices. Watch the SAAW Workshop recording from 18 January 2022
- Pedagogic Research in the Arts (PRiA) Workshop – Watch the PRiA workshop from 9 February 2022 to see how PebblePad has been used across the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Culture as a creative and useful tool to develop student learning and reflection.